Assignments

PHOTO SCREEN PRINTING
Image transfer
PHOTOMONTAGE: WHERE YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 10 YEARS
BODY, SHAPE, FORM

SCAVENGER HUNT

MULTIPLE EXPOSURE WITH FLASH AND SLOW SHUTTER SPEED
CREATE A WORK IN THE STYLE OF WASSILY KANDINSKY

SOCIAL AND POLITICAL ISSUES IN ART

I chose to do this social and political issues in art on women’s empowerment because I feel like women do have little rights. I also think women are looked down on a lot, in my opinion women are strong enough. I also think women still don’t have equal rights as men. No one has really influenced my decisions this is just based on my own opinion and how I see things. Others might say women and men are equal and some might not have the same opinion. I can see their point of view, I don’t have any problems or issues with their opinion because as you know people can have different opinions on certain issues. My art is not intended to offend people, but to basically let people know about women empowerment. I think it does get my point across because it lets people know like hey this is still going on and we should make a change.

DSLR CAMER AND LENS PPT

1. DSLR- “Digital Single Lens Reflex”  
  1. It is a Digital camera that resembles 35mm film cameras 
  1. One major way that DSLRs are different from consumer “point and shoot” cameras or phones: detachable lenses 
  1. Prime vs. Zoom lenses; prime lens: only one focal length zooms lenses: variable focal length 
  1. Kit lens: a basic lens that comes with a camera body in a “kit,” usually not too expensive 
  1. Exposure metaphors to understand how exposure is determined: window. Garden hose, tanning 
  1. ISO- international Organization for Standards- number that describes film’s sensitivity to light  
  1. Formerly ASA (American Standards Association) 
  1. Now used to describe sensitivity of digital sensors in digital cameras 
  1. High ISO value means the sensor will be more sensitive to light, meaning it will take less light to get the right exposure 
  1. Choosing ISO- choose the correct ISO for your shooting situation 
  1. More available light= lower ISO  
  1. Less available light= high ISO 
  1. But us the lowest ISO you can to avoid grain/noise 
  1. Shutter speed (still photos) 
  1. Shutter speed; how long the shutter is open  
  1. On the canon T6i ranges from 30” (seconds) to 1/4000 of a second 
  1. Choose shutter speed based on the situation: 
  1. Hight speed to capture fast action 
  1. The 1809-degree shutter speed rule; the shutter in a camera is half a circle (180 degrees) 
  1. So, your shutter speed should be double your frame rate 
  1. Typical NTSC frame rate is 30 frames per second
  1. Shutter speed; 1/60 of a second 
  1. Tripods and why we use them; camera shake; occurs with a shutter speed slower than 1/ focal length of a second Aperture- also known as the f-stop, fraction; focal length divided by lens diameter 
DOUBLE EXPOSURE
BLOCK PRINTING

READ & WRITE
1.Aperture controls the amount of light that hits your camera’s sensor.
2.You will need to change your ISO when the lights are low.
3.Single Point AF is when the camera focuses only on this single point. Dynamic Area AF is when the Camera focuses on the subject in user selected area.
4.The light meter works with respect to the pillars of exposure, i.e., the aperture, the shutter speed and the ISO
5.The definition White balance means adjusting colors to make the image look natural.
6.depth of field is the distance between the nearest and the furthest objects that give an image judged to be in focus in a camera. Shallow depth of field photos have very little in focus
7.Metering is how your camera determines what the correct shutter speed and aperture should be, depending on the amount of light that goes into the camera and the ISO.
8.Exposure Compensation allows photographers to override exposure settings picked by camera’s light meter, in order to darken or brighten images before they are captured.
9.the photographer chooses a specific aperture in Aperture Priority mode or shutter speed in Shutter Priority mode. The camera then automatically adjusts the other half of the combination to match the given meter reading.

MIRROR IMAGE
LOGO
CUT AND PASTE COLLAGE

IMAGE PROJECTION

READ & WRITE Why Being a Photographer Is (Probably) the Best Job in the World
I would like to work in the field because you can do anything. Photography is a great creative outlet, it works wonders for stress relief and many aspects of it can be rather therapeutic. Also, there’s no right or wrong answer when it comes to photography which is one reason why I like it. Nobody can really tell me to stop doing what I’m doing. All the creative control is left entirely to the photographer, meaning that we get to call the shots. Photographers are free to follow creative vision and bring it to life. ” Certain jobs come with a brief from the client, which can often be a welcome change.” I really think all jobs should be like this because you’re in creative of your own self without anyone controlling you. There is a great deal of variety that comes with being a photographer. You get to meet different kinds of cultures when it comes to photography and the different country’s you’ll get to see.